It is just too D*** HOT
Bet you can guess were we are as I write this update. Yep, we are in Mesquite. Can’t believe it has been a year since we closed on this little piece of heaven (except in June, July and August) in Nevada. But since it has been one year there were just a very few warranty items to have done and we needed to be here. I think it is the hottest June on record and so far we are believers.
Yesterday we decided to drive up the St George and yes, it was cooler up there. We went to the temple. That is such a lovely historic temple. It was a good experience. Then we were so hungry we quickly went to our favorite Red Robin for our shared burger and short stack of onion rings. Yes, there is a reason I am plump. It all tasted so good. Next time I need to eat before we go to the temple.
After lunch we were able to visit old friends, Peggy and Gary Lambert. We have known them since 1966, when we joined the church. We have all had our personal struggles but their load is heavy right now. It was good to visit and see their lovely home again. We left there and went to see our next door neighbors in Cobblestone, Rod and Marian Vaughn. They have bought another home in St. George. It was delightful. Wish we had seen that area before, but we still love our place in Mesquite.
Today when I checked the weather for the next few days it said the following: Thursday, 115; Friday, 115; Saturday, 117; Sunday, 117. Good reason to go back to Cache Valley on Friday.
Funny story: Julie and Dave had planned to come down to Mesquite on Thursday and stay here to play for a few days When we told them how hot it was going to be they decided to go use our Providence house for a mini vacation. They can hike in the canyon, swim and they even have tickets to go to Pickleville at Bear Lake to see a Juanito Bandito show. Hope we don’t cramp their style when we come home on Friday.
We have had the opportunity to attend to baby blessings for our latest two great grand daughters; Sophia Calder and Lucy Naylor. It tugs at my heart strings to look up and see Felt standing in the circle of worthy Priesthood bearers, holding our sweet great grand children. What a blessing that has been for us, and what a choice thing for those children. We just love being great grand parents. Bet you couldn’t guess that one!
Last week most of the greats came with their mothers and their nana, our Julie, to have lunch and swim. We met them for lunch at our usual place, Wendy’s – so much easier than feeding them at our place. When we walked into Wendy’s. Reagan, one of the 2 year olds, threw her arms wide and cried out “Nana G” and hugged my legs. Well, that sealed it. They love us! They all seem to enjoy the water and the older ones are getting brave enough to stand on the side and jump in the water to their mothers. After the swim we all came back to our home to change and have cookies. I bought a family size bag of Oreo’s for the kids. When they left we had 3 or 4 cookies leftover. We sure do know how to have a good time.
Now that I have bored you silly, if you even read this far, I will tell you that we really do love this home away from home. I think the best thing of all is the light, the big windows and the fantastic back yard. Right now as I type this I can see birds at the feeder back by the trees, water flowing down the waterfall feature surrounded by huge banks of Gold Lantana. Now . . . . if it wasn’t already 90 degrees at 9 am.
No comments:
Post a Comment